Other than that this week has been busy with school and meeting a lot of new people. I've started meeting with one of my friends for tutoring. We met a couple of times this week and it has been a lot more fun than tutoring has been in the past. Up until now I have mainly focused on working out of books and learning sentence structure. Now I am finally to the point where our tutoring is mostly conversational. It is a LOT more fun than just learning vocabulary. We are actually talking about going out one of these weekends with my tutor's uncle and going hunting. The word out here for hunting literally translates as 'bird and dog' because you hunt with a falcon and dogs. So that'll be interesting.
I also met a guy this week who is a 24 year-old environmental engineer. He speaks great English and just moved back to town a few months ago after he finished up at university. We've gotten to talk a few times in the gym and we're going to plan on getting together sometime this next week. I've actually had a lot of opportunities this week to reconnect with some people that I haven't seen in a few months. I've made sure and gotten their phone numbers so that, hopefully, we can keep in better touch. I'm currently looking for a local guy to be a roommate. Hopefully one of these guys will work out.
No comments:
Post a Comment