I'm back from a week and a half down in Thailand. We talked to a few friends who are working down there and were able to find some inexpensive places to stay during the trip. It was a lot of fun. We had a place that was right on the beach and were short walk from some of the best rock climbing in the world. The island that we were staying on is only accessible by boat so there were no cars or bikes or anything like that. It was a fun week. I got to do some rock climbing, SCUBA diving (I was about five feet away from a 7-foot leopard shark), kayaking, riding elephants, and some other fun stuff. It was a good week. It has been a little bit of a shock coming back. I am definitely glad to be back, but it seems a little colder then when I left. Spring should be right around the corner though. This next week is Chinese New Year and I hear that it is going to be a huge party. Most everything will be closed down for a about a week, so I'm thinking I need to get an invite out to stay with a friend in a village or otherwise I'm going to starve. One of my friends has given me an invite so I think I'm going to try and stay with him for a few days. I'll make sure and keep you all posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment