Monday, May 26, 2008
Sunday
Well I've basically got a game plan for the rest of my trip. I'll be flying out on Friday to head back to the States and it really has flown by pretty quickly. This morning the entire team met for a few hours for study and we kind of hashed out schedules and figured out who I'd be going with the other days I'm here. I think the rough schedule is that Monday I'll be going with K_ to do some corn planting project in a village, Tuesday is an off day, Wednesday afternoon I'll be going with A_ (formerly known as Stinky) out to her village, and Thursday I think M_ and I are supposed to do something in a village. I was starting to lose my focus there at the end so I'll just figure it out later in the week. I do know that from now on out there will only be day trips, which means no more sleeping out in the villages. It isn't that I hate sleeping in the villages, it just gets kind of old after a while. You have to eat bad food, sleep on a bed that consists of a wooden board, get attacked by flies, and you wake up at dawn, or before if the rooster decides he wants to get up early. That is another thing I've realized on this trip, roosters don't crow at the sun, they basically just crow whenever they feel like it. Anyway after the meeting we went and got lunch at this Muslim restaurant. It was really good, quite possibly the best meal that I've had since I've been out here. The rest of the afternoon I hung out with A_ and her roommate. The team decided to have a get-together that night so we volunteered to cook most of the dinner. We cooked Parmesan chicken (from scratch), marinara sauce (from scratch), and made homemade ice cream (in an ice cream maker that I hauled halfway around the world). It all turned out really well. We all had dinner and played a few games and then called it a night. It was a pretty busy day but it was still slow enough to be a break. I'm feeling pretty rested up and ready to tackle the last of the trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment